Expanding Foam Cans / Flexi-Foam Gun Grade 750ml
Flexi-Foam Gun Grade 750ml
A Soft Spongy Foam which Springs Back and is Also Acoustic to 60db
- Product Details
TYPE A - STANDARD SCREW-ON
TYPE B - CLICK N FIX
**PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU BUY TYPE B: CLICK N FIX FOAM YOU WILL REQUIRE THE SOUDAL CLICK N FIX FOAM GUN, SEE RELATED PRODUCTS AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE**
Flexifoam gun is a one-component, self-expanding, ready to use polyurethane foam. It is fitted with a plastic adaptor head for use with a foam applicator gun. (Click n Fix only, What is Click n Fix ?, see realated products as bottom of page) Propellants used are harmless to the ozone layer and have do not contribute to the green house effect. The product has minimal expansion after application (less than 50%) and is therefore very economical to use. Flexifoam is very elastic and has a very high Acoustic Rating value.
Flexifoam is much more elastic than standard PU-foam:
- Elastic Recovery ( ISO 1856) is up to 90% if the foam is compressed by 75%.
- Traditional PU-foam does not have any recovery if the compression is higher than 10%.
- Elongation at break is three times that of traditional foam. The maximum elongation before breaking (DIN 18540) is about 45% compared to 15% for traditional PU-foam.
Thanks to these flexibility properties, the foam will maintain its general characteristics much better. Joint movements through the years will cause a traditional PU-foam to break and lose some of the following properties:
Flexifoam follows the movements of the joint and will keep its insulating properties over the years. This is certainly a necessity for larger windows in PVC or aluminium, especially in smaller joints (e.g. 2 to 3 cm width). The maximum movement allowed for traditional foam before breaking is only 2mm compression or 3mm elongation. Moreover, after several years the maximum elongation and compression will reduce to possibly 50%. That?s why Soudal created Flexifoam which has high movement capability as well as stress resistance in time.
- Thermal insulation
- Acoustic insulation
- Air and vapour block
- Expanding joints.
- Vibrating constructions
- Use as fixing foam while minimizing noise transmission
- Impact and shock damping
- Sealing of window- and doorframes
- Filling of cavities
- Sealing of all openings in roof constructions
- Construction of baffle plate; soundproofing
- Connecting insulation materials to roof constructions
- Application of a soundproofing layer on motors
- Improving thermal insulation in cooling/heating systems
- Very high elastic recovery
- Copes with extreme mechanical movement without cracking
- Excellent adhesion on most substrates (except Teflon, PE and PP)
- High thermal and acoustic insulation
- Very good filling capacities
- Excellent stability (no shrink or post-expansion)
- Very precise application due to the foam gun system
- Low expansion
- Good compressibility
1)Gun Grade: What you see is what you get: Low expansion
Easy to use: gun application
Economical: less waste
a)Insulation - Tested by MPA Bau Hannover according to DIN 52612-1 = 0.0345 W/(m.K)
b)Acoustic Rate - Tested by IFT Rosenheim according to EN ISO 717-1 RST,w= 60 ( -1;-4) dB
c)Air penetration - Tested by IFT Rosenheim according to DIN 18542, Part 7.2 A < 0,1 m