- Product Details
Carbond 940FC is a high quality, one-component polyurethane adhesive-sealant for a wide range of bonding and sealing applications.
Colours: white, grey, black
Packaging: alu cartridge 310 ml
12 months in unopened packaging in a cool and dry
storage place at temperatures between +5C and +25
Type: all metals, epoxy coatings, polyesters etc.
State of Surface: clean, dry, free of dust and grease
Applying Carbond 940FC:
Method: apply the adhesive by means of a manual or pneumatic caulking gun to one of the to be bonded materials. Join the parts together within 10 minutes and clamp. Pressing the materials, during curing, is necessary to reach the highest possible end strength.
Apply the sealant by means of a manual or pneumatic caulking gun. Finish with a soapy solution before skinning
Application temperature: +5C to +35C Clean: Carbond 940FC can, before the product is cured, be removed from tools and materials with white spirit. Cured product has to be removed mechanically with immediately after use.
Repair: with same product
Health- and Safety Recommendation:
Apply the usual industrial hygiene. Consult the label for more information.
Product Features List:
- Stays elastic after curing
- Excellent weather and chemical resistance
- Very good priemerless adhesion on many materials such as aluminium, steel, GRP, epoxy coatings etc.
- Not suitable for bonding of standing parts and panels
- Supple bonding and sealing in vibrating constructions in carbodies, caravans, containers etc.
- Suitable for bonding of spoilers and side skirts etc.
- In very warm and moist climates we recommend the use of Primer 100 for applications on porous surfaces,
- No primer required for non porous surfaces.
- Non porous surfaces may be activated by Surface Activator
- We recommend a preliminary compatibility test.