- Product Details
Carbond 940FC is a high quality, one-component polyurethane adhesive-sealant for a wide range of bonding and sealing applications.
Colours: white, grey, black
Type: all metals, epoxy coatings, polyesters etc.
State of Surface: clean, dry, free of dust and grease
Applying Carbond 940FC:
Method: apply the adhesive by means of a manual or pneumatic caulking gun to one of the to be bonded materials. Join the parts together within 10 minutes and clamp. Pressing the materials, during curing, is necessary to reach the highest possible end strength.
Apply the sealant by means of a manual or pneumatic caulking gun. Finish with a soapy solution before skinning
Product Features List:
- Stays elastic after curing
- Excellent weather and chemical resistance
- Very good primerless adhesion on many materials such as aluminium, steel, GRP, epoxy coatings etc.
- Not suitable for bonding of standing parts and panels
- Supple bonding and sealing in vibrating constructions in car bodies, caravans, containers etc.
- Suitable for bonding of spoilers and side skirts etc.
- In very warm and moist climates we recommend the use of Primer 100 for applications on porous surfaces,
- No primer required for non porous surfaces.
- Non porous surfaces may be activated by Surface Activator
- We recommend a preliminary compatibility test.