Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01264 359984. (8am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
We accept the following methods of payment:
- American Express (via PayPal)
- VISA Debit
Payment may be made by any of the above methods and will be debited upon confirmation of your order. The total amount you pay is the same, regardless of the payment method used. If your bank account is in a different currency than GBP - for example if you live outside the UK, your credit/debit card issuer may charge a handling fee for currency conversion.
Deliveries to the UK inc Northern Ireland include VAT at 20%.
Deliveries outside of the UK to countries not liable for VAT (Channel Islands etc), will have the VAT automatically deducted from the cost of the goods at the checkout stage, when the billing address is selected.
Deliveries outside of the UK to countries that are liable for VAT (European Union, etc), will not be charged VAT at the checkout stage, when the billing address is selected. However you maybe required to pay VAT and/or any import duties due in your specific country. This is the sole responsibility of the customer and not AB Building Products.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are AB Building Products Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 2313765 whose registered office is at Kingsgate House, North Wing, Ground Floor, Newbury Road, Andover, Hampshire, England SP10 4DU with email address [email protected]; telephone number 01264 359984; fax number 01264 335200 (the Supplieror us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
7. Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
8. Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
10. Website means our website www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
11. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
12. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
13. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
14. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
Basis of Sale
17. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
18. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
19. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
20. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
21. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
22. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
23. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
24. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
25. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
26. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.
27. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
a. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
b. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
28. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
29. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
30. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
31. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
32. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
33. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
34. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
35. All delivery timescales are estimates and are the responsibility of the 3rd party carrier/supplier providing the service. We cannot be held responsible for any delays from the carrier due to miss-routing, loss of package, vehicle breakdowns, acts of nature, unable to find address, unable to leave packages in a safe place or unable to find a signatory if required.
36. Orders that have been dispatched by AB Building Products but a 3rd party delivery company fails to deliver Next Working Day, Saturday or within the time that the customer has paid for, we are not liable to refund the delivery cost.
37. Any refunds to the customer for delivery charges are at the discretion of AB Building Products. We will not be liable for paying any tradespeople booked in to do any work or any consequential losses or costs in the event of a delivery arriving outside of the estimated delivery time frame.
Further information regarding delivery can be found on our Delivery Information page.
Risk and Title
38. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you. Damages or shortfalls must be reported to us in writing with 48 hours after signing and receiving for your goods.
39. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
40. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
41. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
a. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
b. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
42. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
a. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
43. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
44. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
45. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
46. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.
47. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
48. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
49. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
50. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
a. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
b. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
51. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
52. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
53. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at AB Building Products Ltd, Units 4-5, Regents Court, South Way, Walworth Industrial Estate, Andover, Hampshire,, SP10 5NX without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
54. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
a. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
b. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and Guarantee
55. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
56. Upon delivery, the Goods will:
a. be of satisfactory quality;
b. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
c. conform to their description.
57. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
58. We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
Composite Decking Warranties & Liability
1.1 We warrant that the Goods will correspond with their specification at the time of delivery and will be free from defects in material and workmanship, however due to the natural elements of the product we cannot guarantee that all boards supplied, either on a single order or over multiple orders, will be of the same colour.
1.2 We give the above warranty subject to the following conditions:
1.2.1. - we shall be under no liability in respect of any defect in the Goods arising from any drawing, design or specification supplied by you;
1.2.1. - we shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow our instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse, undue care taken when unloading and storing or alteration or repair of the Goods without our approval;
1.2.3. - we shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the Goods has not been paid by the due date for payment;
1.2.4. - the above warranty does not extend to parts, materials or equipment not manufactured by us, in respect of which you shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as we are given by the manufacturer.
1.2.5. - we shall be entitled to claim reasonable tolerances in respect of the Goods and reserve the right to make adaptations to goods supplied by us due to technical developments. We give no condition or warranty that the Goods are fit for any particular purpose for which the customer may require them. You must satisfy yourself before ordering the goods that the goods are fit and suitable for the purpose for which you require them.
1.2.6. - we shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) for any installation, repair, re-installation, removal or labour cost arising from a fault with the product;
1.2.7. - the above warranty is not transferable between parties, in respect of this only the purchaser named on the sales invoice, unless otherwise stated at the time of purchase and recorded on the aforementioned sales invoice, shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as we are given by the manufacturer.
1.2.8. – we reserve the right to offer any refund on a pro rata basis, therefore we may choose to calculate the value of the warranty remaining against the original price paid on the sales invoice.
1.3 Composite Decking Warranty
1.3.1 We offer a 20 year warranty for normal domestic use and 10 year warranty for commercial use, on our composite decking boards against:-
220.127.116.11 fungal decay;
18.104.22.168 insect damage;
22.214.171.124 rotting or splintering and
1.3.2 This warranty only applies if the composite decking boards have been used in normal domestic and commercial service conditions and properly fitted in accordance with our recommendations using our recommended joist support spacing (30 to 40 cm), expansion end gap spacing (8mm) and fixing method (T-piece and screw system). The warranty is valid for boards laid narrow groove/woodgrain side up only. Boards laid differently are done at your discretion and you may experience increased slippage and colour change with the boards.
1.3.3 If the composite decking boards are found to be faulty, we will either replace any faulty boards or refund a percentage of the original faulty item purchase price pro-rata to the remaining warranty period when the faulty item is returned to us. The course of action chosen will remain solely at the decision of the Company. We will not accept any claim for any consequential losses or recompense the customer for installation or repair costs.
1.3.4 To make a claim under this warranty, the Buyer shall send to the Company a written description of the fault, proof of purchase and photographic evidence and make available any faulty items for collection. We do not warranty against and are not responsible for any warranty claim caused by:
126.96.36.199 Improper installation and/or failure to abide by any installation guidelines recommended by us;
188.8.131.52 Movement, distortion, settling or collapse of the ground or supporting structure upon which the decking is installed;
184.108.40.206 Any event outside of our control as detailed in clause 1.8;
220.127.116.11 Variations or changes in the colour of the product from board to board at the time of purchase and/or over time once the product has been installed;
18.104.22.168 Faults due to improper handling or storage of the product; or
22.214.171.124 any of the conditions listed in clause 1.2 above.
1.3.5 If there is any dispute over a claim, our decision is final and binding. This does not affect your statutory rights.
1.4 Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Second hand goods are supplied on the basis that all common law and statutory warranties and conditions as to their satisfactory quality are excluded. All second hand goods must be inspected prior to use or fixing.
1.5 Any claim by you which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not you refuse delivery) be notified to us in writing within 14 days from the date of delivery. If delivery is not refused, or you do not notify us accordingly, you shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and we shall have no liability for such defect or failure, and you shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
1.6 Where any valid claim in respect of any of the Goods which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods or their failure to meet specification is notified to us in accordance with these Conditions, we shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or, at our sole discretion, refund you the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price), and we shall have no further liability to you. See section 9 below for full Returns Policy.
1.7 We shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (and whether caused by our negligence, our employees or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their use or resale by you, except as expressly provided in these Conditions.
1.8 We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations in relation to the Goods, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control:
1.8.1. - act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm;
1.8.2. - acts, restrictions, regulations, of any kind on the part of any governmental, parliamentary or local authority;
1.8.3.- difficulty or increased expense in obtaining labour, materials or transport, or other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or of raw materials by our normal course of supply, or the manufacture of the goods by our normal means, or the delivery of the goods by our normal route or means of delivery.
1.8.4. - the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising as a result of failure to deliver goods by any particular date, or arising as a result of any cause beyond the Company’s control.
1.9 Structural Composite Joist Warranty
1.9.1 We offer a 10 year warranty on our structural composite joists against:-
126.96.36.199 fungal decay;
188.8.131.52 insect damage; and
184.108.40.206 rotting or splintering.
1.9.2 This warranty only applies if the structural composite joists have been used in normal domestic service conditions and properly fitted in accordance with our recommendations using our recommended joist spacing (30 to 40 cm) and recommended joist support (max. 100cm).
1.9.3 If the structural composite joists are found to be faulty, we will either replace any faulty joists or refund a percentage of the original faulty item purchase price pro-rata to the remaining warranty period when the faulty item is returned to us. The course of action chosen will remain solely at the decision of the Company. We will not accept any claim for any consequential losses or recompense the customer for installation or repair costs.
1.9.4 To make a claim under this warranty, the Buyer shall send to the Company a written description of the fault, proof of purchase and photographic evidence and make available any faulty items for collection. We do not warranty against and are not responsible for any warranty claim caused by:
220.127.116.11 Improper installation and/or failure to abide by any installation guidelines recommended by us;
18.104.22.168 Movement, distortion, settling or collapse of the ground or supporting structure upon which the decking is installed;
22.214.171.124 Any event outside of our control as detailed in clause 1.8;
126.96.36.199 Variations or changes in the colour of the product from board to board at the time of purchase and/or over time once the product has been installed;
188.8.131.52 Faults due to improper handling or storage of the product; or
184.108.40.206 any of the conditions listed in clause 1.2 above.
1.9.5 If there is any dispute over a claim, our decision is final and binding. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Successors and our sub-contractors
Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: Any complaints or disputes should be sent in writing either by email or letter within 14 days after receiving delivery of your goods.
AB Building Products Ltd
Units 4-5, Regents Court
South Way, Walworth Industrial Estate
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 01264 359984